Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sawadee Ka - Maa Roy Thai Food Restaurant

It has been a long long time I've neglected posts about our ordinary Monday family outing for food hunting. It was all due to my laziness for organising and editing the photos :P. But no worries, here I'm back again! :D

On that particular relaxing Monday, still remember it was a public holiday in Penang, resting at home and waiting for dinner time. Usually our brain stucked whenever we have to figure out what-to-eat-tonight. The question keep lingering in our mind and it happened 4 of us sitting in the car and remain silent. Frankly, sometimes I really couldn't stand it...why with 4 brains we can't even think of a place for dinner? "Let's go for Thai Food!" I voiced out...

My dad is a kinda picky person. He will only go for restaurant that packed with patrons as he believes only those restaurant serve good food. I'm on the other side of him. I always think we shall give a chance to people for the first try, we can always bane it for 2nd visit if it is disappointing...isn't it? I saw the review about this Thai restaurant from someone's blog, so I can't promise him for the food they served, but luckily the overall rating delighted him as well as all of us.

Now, let's the photo tells you our dishes of the night. Usually I won't bring my camera along, so please forgive me for the low quality photo under dim lighting ambience :P





well....the quantity of the accupied tables is up to his expectation



Appertizer F.O.C.~juicy cucumber dip in sambal, simple and refreshing

"A MUST" when I visit Thai Restaurant, it isn't complete without this~ my favouriteeee TOM YAM~





Stuffed omelette with prawns

woooo....I Love this~Seafood Otak-Otak in Coconut. Fresh fish, prawns, squids in rich and aromatic otak-otak santan gravy, a lil spiceness add zing to the whole dish





see....the prawn is big!

Lastly, Deep Fried KangKung(Water Morning Glory)



They have 2 branch in Penang, one located at Abu Siti Lane(beside Red Rock Hotel at Macalister Road), another one located at Krystal Point(after the big roundabout at Bukit Jambul). We visit the former.




Maa Roy Thai Food Restaurant
Authentic Thai Cuisine
Abu Siti Lane Tel: 04-2276816
Krystal Point Tel: 04-6430752

2 comments:

  1. So how is the Tom Yam? Nice?
    Tom Yam nice one only I go, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad~~ my dad like it...but i will prefer a little bit more spicy...keke
    I like chi kek chi kek one...kakaka

    how u like it for Tom Yam? hmm...it is less spicy as compare to i-avenue Nanyang. But the sourness and overall is good.

    ReplyDelete